Sunday, March 2, 2014

Introduction to The Jesus-Hearted Woman

I am so glad that you have decided to join us for this journey to grow as Jesus-Hearted Women. Before we get started, I wanted to share the video of the book trailer by Jodi Detrick. Take a few minutes to watch this. It will help you see the heart of the author behind the book.



While this book uses the words leader and leadership, it isn't written only for those with a title or a position. Everyone has a sphere of influence, and because of that, we all are leaders. Being a leader simply means that you have the ability to influence those around you. We all fit into that category.

If you have children, you are a leader every single day as they watch you and learn from you. If you are a wife, you are a leader in the sense that you influence your husband's decisions (whether he admits it or not). If you are a friend to anyone, you are a leader. As Christians, everyday we have the opportunity through our words and actions to either lead others closer to Christ or farther away from Him.

I have learned many things by being friends with an amazing woman of God. While she is in an official leadership position, I have learned more from her by watching how she lives her life than I ever could by listening to her preach from behind a pulpit (although I do love hearing her preach). Some lessons are learned not by hearing someone tell you what you should do, but by watching them walk it out; and ladies, others are watching how we walk!!

So, whether you have a position and title or not, I am GLAD you are here!!!

Discussion:

Take a minute and introduce yourself in the comments below. Tell us your name and where you are from and just for fun, tell us something unique or interesting about yourself.

(There is a drop down box to let you decide what account your comment will be posted from. If you don't have any of the listed accounts, either use "Name/URL" and type in your name, or you can comment using "Anonymous" but at least for this introduction post, please tell us who you are)!

8 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I'm Brenda. I live in Benton and attend River of Life Assembly in Mabelvale. Something unique about me... I was a Girl Scout from age 5 until I graduated high school and as part of my graduation gift, my mom paid for a lifetime membership for me.

    I am so glad you all are joining me here!! I'm excited about what God is going to do in the next 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is Deb Abshier and I am from Newark, Ar.

    A little know fact about me: I use rock as memorials to miracles, defining moments and o pray for people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, ladies! I'm Bethany Taff, and I'm from Vilonia 1st Assembly. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie and love obstacle racing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my name is Britney Hardin
    I attend FirstNLR. Unique fact is that I was a dancer for 10 years from 2 till 12. Which seem odd but...At 12 I gave up dance to get involved in church- from their my journey began!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My name is Pam Tatum I attend Cave City 1st Assembly in Cave City,Ar.. A unique fact about me is....I love God and I love people. Everyday I treasure hunt for the Kingdom of God,finding his wonders leave you wondering. I enjoy praying for people. This is a season for me to connect with more people.
    Success is finding out what's on Jesus's heart and then doing it, when,how he says. MATT. 6:10 his kingdom would come and his will would be done.

    ReplyDelete